A-14Regular price $575.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This Heritage Navajo Churro pelt has a light creamy center stretching into long ivory strands.
This Five Marys hand tanned sheep pelt is a beautiful and cozy addition to any room, chair, bed, wall, or floor creating a beautiful staple item for you and your home.
Size by inches (hair to hair at widest points): 40x35"
Staple Length: 12"
Our gorgeous Navajo Churro heritage sheep have such beautiful pelts, we can't help but turn into beautiful home goods. They are saved after harvesting (where they would otherwise go to landfill) and we work hard to tan them all-naturally to honor the animal and use all of the parts after harvesting that we can. Our custom made sheepskin pelts are of the finest craftsmanship. We sort and clean them here on the ranch, then they travel to Oregon for salting and all-naturally tanning by a skilled craftsman.
They are hard for us to part with but we love seeing photos of them in our customers' homes! These pelts are supple and soft suede on the back side and incredible long lambs wool on the other. Each has an M5 brand on the back.
They can be washed after use (see instructions below)
************* Care and laundering of sheepskins *************
1) If cleaning is necessary: rinse with cool water, never hot water. Spot clean with warm water and ivory soap. Pat dry with a towel or air dry and brush to fluff.
2) if more cleaning is needed, soak pelt for at least 30 minutes and wash with liquid ivory soap in warm water on gentle cycle for three minutes.
3) Rinse in warm water (twice) and allow to go through the spin cycle. Air dry, then brush.
4) Dryer set at 120 degrees - on air dry, then put in dryer to fluff, NO HEAT.
5) Stretch out by hand as drying to keep softer and brush with a pet brush.
6) Regular maintenance with a wire wool or pet brush can keep fibers fluffy and looking their best!
Do not store in plastic or boxed up, only in a cool, well-ventilated place.